Got Personality?

Thanks for sharing this!

Tired of putting up with less-than-perfect personalities—including, perhaps, your own? If so, NewU Creations, a manufacturer of behavioral characteristics, has good news: The company is designing an array of temperamental, emotional and mental traits that will hit the market on Labor Day.

“Forget all those experts who insist the quirks and mannerisms that make humans tick are formed through a combination of genes, upbringing and habit,” says Dr. Who Ryou, the company’s founder. “Those folks have a bad attitude.”

Since this is an election year, NewU is targeting the political market first. The company is gearing up production of personalities with qualities most politicians lack but need most, such as solid backbones, great integrity and high intelligence. Industry experts say there is unlimited potential for NewU’s products in the bureaucracy arena as well, both nationally and globally.

Another bright spot: Gifts, particularly in the exasperating I-already-have-everything-I-need segment. Nearly 85% of individuals who participated in a recent poll indicated they knew of at least one person who would benefit from a change in personality. The remaining 15% thought having a personality was unnecessary but expressed interest if one could be purchased during a price rollback at Wal-Mart.

You might also like these posts

Essay — Listening to the Flowers Image source: HL CarpenterHot, cold, rainy, sunny—what will it be today? Last week, Carpenter Country ushered in spring highs of eighty degrees. Pansies, delphiniums and azaleas bloomed beside a hibiscus. This week icicles festooned our fountain and temps dropped into the twenties. And while Florida shivered, relativ...
Satire — Gridlock Image source: www.wpclipart.com Some people say you can never have enough Gridlock. Fortunately there’s no shortage of the sticky product, which is designed to impede progress. Thanks to the latest advances in engineering, production, and automation, more Gridlock is being produced than ever before, and the quality cont...
The End of The Day Things are growing dark at The End of The Day, and management is losing sleep over competitors who refuse to rest. "We’re settling in for a long, dark period," says Good Night, spokesperson for The End of The Day. "We’re not sure what tomorrow will bring." The End of The Day produces relaxation products, many of which...
Essay — Blissful Earlier this week, I ran into a friend I hadn't seen in awhile. When I asked how everything was going, she told me she was blissfully happy. Image courtesy of arztsamui/FreeDigitalPhotos.net Her words made me wonder exactly what she meant. Was she feeling ecstatic, exhilarated and freaked out all at the same moment? ...

We write. Visit us in Carpenter Country, a magical place that, like our stories, is unreal but not untrue.

Posted in Satire Tagged with: ,